Any of you who read my children's blogs will probably know all that I put in mine already but too bad. We've had a fun couple of weeks. First of all Audrey got married to Mike Findarle on Saturday the 14th. It was in a beautiful setting up in Midway, Utah. The weather was gorgeous, I even got a little sunburned. The bride was beautiful, the groom handsome, and all went perfectly. The day before I spent mostly with my son, Jacob. I can't remember the last time I went to two movies in one day but we did. We saw "The Incredible Hulk" which I enjoyed a lot. Then we saw "Kung Fu Panda" which was cute but not outstanding in my point of view.
I decided that driving to North Las Vegas every day for work was 1) not fun fighting the traffic and big trucks for my space on the road, and 2) way too expensive with the high gas prices. So, I thought I would try to get a job at a school closer to home. Voila! There was an opening at Del Sol High School which is on Patrick Lane and about half a block from my husband's office (very convenient for lunch dates). I called and got an interview with the Assistant Principal and thought it went well. Then the principal called and wanted to interview me and I thought that went well but she said I would hear last Friday and I haven't so maybe it didn't go as well as I thought. So, I called two more schools today with openings and hopefully by the start of the school year I will have a job closer to home. At least if I don't I still have one that I really enjoy in the ghetto.
Then last week I got to go to California with Dave for his weekly work trip. I spent the first afternoon at the beach, sitting in my chair, all by myself, soaking up the rays and reading a book. It was warm and breezy and soooo peaceful. Then the next day I went to South Coast Plaza and did a little shopping, had lunch, and then we headed home. It was nice to be with Dave, relax, and not worry about anything.
12 comments:
You are living the life!
I like your I-don't-care attitude.
Where is your beach feet picture?
Del Sol obviously sucks and you don't want to work at a sucky school.
I hope you get a job closer to your home. Audrey's wedding was beautiful! I wish I could relax on a beach! And I love your blog so keep posting!
I still don't believe this is Mama P. Picture posting seems like Zach's evil doing. You are a lovely kounslor and I hope you find a lovely-er job. The ghetto is scary and you are not.
We had so much fun!!
I'll see you this weekend! I'm so excited. We can go see two more movies together.
Yay for still having a job in the Ghetto!
North Las Vegas is crap. I lived there last week and didn't care for it. I like your blog, even if it isn't you writing it.
Beautiful wedding. Good luck with the job hunt. I need a lot of personal counseling. I can't pay a lot but it is close to your home. What do you say?
You and Dave have had a bigger influence in my life than you could ever realize. I hope that I can be a wonderful mom and raise children as good as yours!
I really hate not knowing who is writing these blog entries. Zach- can you just tell us when you're writing them?
I guess we are competing for the same jobs! I am looking for one closer to home as well. I have it on good authority that there will be multiple openings at Basic that haven't posted yet. Maybe we could work together!
Mom..who is linda? Just wondering because she said nice things about me. Also I really think you are hot and you forgot to mention how hot the mother of the bride was. she was smoking hot!
Post a Comment